Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hello, World!

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Lyle. I work full-time, and on weekends I perform with various musical groups. My music-related website is wisconsinguitar.com, and I host a podcast entitled "Wired Guitar World," which is available through the iTunes store, or can be directly downloaded from wiredguitarword.podbean.com. I live in Madison, Wisconsin with my wife and four-month old baby boy.

The point is, I have way too much on my plate to devote a great deal of time to gaming. But I love gaming. Looooove it. Since I was ten, I have been into Dungeons and Dragons, both as a DM and player. That's over twenty years, with a break during much of college, during which I was into other, less wholesome pursuits.

So I've been keeping my passion alive one night per week, with online sessions using special play-by-chat clients like D20Map, OpenRPG, and MapTool. Recently, I have begun recruiting players for a live game. That's about the extent of my current involvement with D&D.

I feel compelled to record the ongoing thoughts and experiences of a DM who is also a family man with a career and other side pursuits. I hope you enjoy reading.

No comments: